Strangers on a Train


Strangers On A Train is just flat out a creepy movie.  I "enjoyed" it, even though there was just something that kept me antsy and uncomfortable throughout.  I think this may also have been the first movie that I actually realized Alfred Hitchcock had a daughter.  



I think I read somewhere that when Patricia Highsmith wrote the book, her inspiration was the true-life story of Leopold and Loeb.  The Smithsonian has a nice piece about these two freaks who killed a kid just to see how it would feel to commit the perfect crime.  L&L were caught because one of them lost his glasses at the murder site.  Maybe that's where Hitchcock got the inspiration to show the murder in the reflection of Ann Morton's (played by the beautiful Ruth Roman) glasses.  In my opinion it was a cinematic masterpiece!


REVIEWS: DVD Beaver has a good review, as does Get-a-Film.

FAVORITE SCENE: I know this is kinda dark of me to say, but I like the murder scene. The boats, the amusement park, the island, and the way Hitch showed the murder in the reflection of the glasses.

FAVORITE QUOTE: Don't worry, I'm not going to shoot you , Mr. Haines. It might disturb Mother. - Bruno Anthony

RATING: Yeah, Strangers is strange!

WATCH IT AGAIN?: Yes, I don't know why for sure, but this feels like an early fall movie. I think it's weird that movies make me think of seasons (unless of course it's a seasonal movie).

DO I WANNA OWN IT?: Probably not. It seems pretty easy to find.

Post a Comment

0 Comments